Home > Solution > Laboratory Gas Supply System > Introduction to Laboratory Centralized Gas Supply System Project
About the laboratory gas supply system-the laboratory centralized gas supply system project requires the use of constant carrier gas flow and high gas purity to provide gas with stable value and pressure for the equipment selected in the laboratory. Building a centralized gas cylinder room can save limited laboratory space and ensure the continuous supply of the entire laboratory gas supply system.
The laboratory requires constant carrier gas flow and high gas purity to provide gas with stable value and pressure for the analytical equipment selected by the laboratory. Building a centralized gas cylinder room can save limited laboratory space, and there is no need to cut off the gas when changing cylinders, ensuring continuous gas supply. Users only need to manage fewer cylinders and pay less cylinder rent because all points of use using the same gas come from the same gas source. This kind of supply method will reduce transportation costs, reduce the amount of remaining gas in the empty cylinders returned to the gas company, and good cylinder management.
The characteristics of the centralized gas supply system
1. Features: The laboratory requires constant carrier gas flow and high gas purity to provide gas with stable value and pressure for the analytical equipment selected by the laboratory.
2. Economical: Building a centralized gas cylinder room can save limited laboratory space, and there is no need to cut off the gas when replacing the cylinder, ensuring continuous gas supply. Users only need to manage fewer cylinders and pay less cylinder rent because all points of use using the same gas come from the same gas source. This kind of supply method will reduce transportation costs, reduce the amount of remaining gas in the empty cylinders returned to the gas company, and good cylinder management.
3. Utilization rate: The centralized pipeline supply system can place the gas outlet at the point of use, so that the workplace can be designed more reasonably.
4. Safety: to ensure the safety of its storage and use. Guarantee analysis and testing personnel from toxic and harmful gases in the experiment.
Laboratory gas demand
At present, various analytical instruments in most laboratories, such as meteorological chromatographs, gas chromatography mass spectrometers, liquid liquid chromatography mass spectrometers, atomic absorption spectrophotometers, atomic fluorescence spectrometers, plasma emission spectrometers, inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometers, etc. It is necessary to continuously use high-purity carrier gas and fuel gas. Therefore, the safe, continuous, and stable operation of laboratories and other laboratories requires us to consider how to supply these gases to the analytical instruments placed in each laboratory.
Current status of laboratory gas supply
At present, we can use high-pressure steel cylinders, liquid dewars, and centralized gas supply systems to complete the above work. At the same time, local fire codes suggest that the main gas sources such as steel cylinders, dewars, and liquid storage tanks should be placed in designated areas outside the work area, and then the gas should be transported to the laboratory through the pipeline system.
However, considering safety and efficiency factors and not considering economic factors, a centralized gas supply system is an excellent way. And it has become a reliable and continuous source of high-purity gas used in laboratory equipment today. The gas is transported to the laboratory through the pipeline system, and the pressure and flow can be easily adjusted through the use point 2 pressure reducer installed on the workbench.
When using gas in older domestic laboratories, most of the gas cylinders are placed next to the gas point, and then a pressure reducer is installed at the outlet of the gas cylinder, and then directly connected to the instrument through a copper tube or a PTFE hose Above, if a laboratory has multiple equipment in use, there will be many gas cylinders, and there will be many messy pipelines. At the same time, these gases are not lack of flammable and explosive gases, toxic gases, strong corrosive gases, and gas cylinder outlets. High pressure and other factors make this method full of dangers in actual use.
The danger of laboratory gases
1. Some gases are flammable, explosive, toxic and corrosive. Once they leak, they may cause damage to staff and equipment.
2. If multiple gases are used in the same environment, if there are two kinds of gases that will cause a strong chemical reaction such as combustion or explosion to leak at the same time, it may cause injury to staff and equipment.
3. The outlet pressure of most gas cylinders is as high as 15Mpa, which is 150kg/cm2. If the gas cylinder mouth pressure reducing device fails, some parts may be lased out, and the energy will be fatal to the human body or equipment. .
Advantages of centralized gas supply system
In response to the problems in the past use, modern laboratories have reformed the use environment of carrier gas, that is, "centralized gas supply system", which is about to use gas (hereinafter referred to as carrier gas) to be stored in a centralized manner, and then the gas It is sent to the gas point through metal or other material pipelines. The main advantages are as follows:
1. First solve the problem of placing the gas cylinder. If possible, the location of the gas cylinder room should be located in a relatively independent room from the laboratory. If it is in the same building as the laboratory, the location of the gas cylinder room should be located in a separate room with less people. It is completely isolated from the staff and the instrument, even if the harmful gas leaks, there will be no direct damage.
2. Secondly, the problem of gas mixing. Collect all the carrier gas cylinders in one cylinder room according to the nature of the gas (in fact, the comparison is mainly to store flammable and explosive gases such as H2, natural gas, acetylene, etc. separately from combustion-supporting gases such as oxygen and chlorine).
3. The third is to solve the problem of cylinder pressure. For each gas, multiple bottles of gas can be connected in parallel and then uniformly decompressed through an outlet to transport the gas to the point of use. Because the gas cylinder room is relatively independent, the place where the pressure of the entire gas system is relatively high is also the outlet of the gas cylinder, so this method reduces the possible danger of the gas cylinder pressure to the gas cylinder room, which can harm the human body and the instrument Down to a relatively low level.
The main components of the centralized gas supply system
1. Laboratory gas piping: The gas piping is mostly stainless steel pipes, hoses are connected by ferrules, automatic welding and other installations and special gas piping installations complete the connection of the entire system.
2. Gas pipelines often use parts such as pressure reducer, ball valve, straight-through, three-way, etc.
CopyRight: KOMAN Laboratory Furniture